Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings Match Prediction: November 14, 2020
In this article, we preview Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings, the PSL qualifier to be played in Lahore on 14 November 2020. The two teams had finished first and second on the league table before the pandemic led to the suspension of the competition in March 2020. The winner of the match will qualify for the final, while the loser will play a second qualifier against the winner of the eliminator to be played between Lahore Qalandars and Peshawar Zalmi who finished third and fourth.
Match Analytics and Odds
The odds favour Multan Sultans who have reached the playoffs for the first time in the three seasons they have played. However, they could be hamstrung by the absence of Riley Rossouw, a South African all-rounder who played a role in helping the team to the top of the table.
On the other hand, Karachi Kings, their rivals in the qualifier scheduled to be played on November 14, may also not have the services of the overseas trio of Hales, Delport and Walton who have formed the core of their middle order.
The reason for Multan’s dominance has been a team combination that has worked, with one player or the other answering the call when needed. Khushdil Shah has been an outstanding performer with his ability to accelerate in the later overs.
Here are our Karachi Kings vs Multan Sultans predictions and betting tips for the PSL qualifier on 14 November 2020:
- Who will win the match? – MS
- Top Batsman (Runs Scored) – Babar Azam (KK), Shan Masood (MS)
- Top Bowler (Wickets taken) – CJ Jordan (KK), Imran Tahir (MS)
- Most Sixes – Sharjeel Khan (KK), Khushdil Shah (MS)
- Man of the Match – Khushdil Shah
- Team Scores Batting First – KK 180+, MS 180+
- Likely playing XIs: (In compiling this list, we have assumed that all overseas players will be available)
- Multan Sultans (MS) – MM Ali, Z Ashraf, S Masood (c), RR Rossouw, R Bopara, K Shah, S Afridi, S Tanvir, I Tahir, Md Ilyas, Md Irfan;
- (Other players: B Bhatti, J Khan, A Shafiq, Md Faizan, F Allen, R Nazir, U Qadir, J Vince);
- Karachi Kings (KK) – Sharjeel Khan, B Azam, AD Hales, SS Delport, CAK Walton, Imad Wasim (c), Iftikhar Ahmed, CJ Jordan, Umaid Asif, Umer Khan, Md Amir;
- (Other players: M McClenagan, U Mir, A Khan, A Iqbal, A Yamin, A Zia).
Head-to-head comparison between the sides favours Karachi Kings:
Multan Sultans – Pros
- Batting depth
- Variety in bowling resources
- High on enthusiasm after qualifying for the playoffs for the first time
Multan Sultans – Cons
- May not have Riley Rosouw who helped their league campaign
- Inconsistency at the top of the batting order
Karachi Kings – Pros
- Babar Azam in top form
- Some players have gained useful match experience against Zimbabwe
Karachi Kings – Cons
- Availability of middle-order batsmen Hales, Walton and Delport doubtful